Chatbots are quickly becoming a standard tool within any digital marketing strategy but if you are new to the world of Facebook chatbots, you might be wondering what all the fuss is about and how to set one up?
Building a chatbot will enable you to build a good rapport with your customers and it will in turn help you to monetise your social media platforms.
Here’s our five handy tips for building your chatbot:
- There are two types of chat bots available. The first type functions on rules and the other functions on artificial intelligence. The chat bots based on using rules to function are much more limited than those that work on artificial intelligence because they only respond to specific commands. This means they require a lot more input from the user to ensure they are effective. Using chat bots that are powered by artificial intelligence means that they are learning constantly from the conversations they have with people. This also means they can fulfil tasks without as much input.
- There are many chat bot tools you can use to help build your chat bot and the majority of them are free. ChattyPeople, MEOKAY, Chatfuel and ManyChat are just a few tools you can use to help you programme and build your own chatbot. These tools are generally free for you to use the basic features but the more complex you want to make your bot; the likelihood is you will probably will need to pay for the ‘pro’ features – they won’t break the bank though.
- Once you have found the right tools that you feel comfortable with, it’s time to start building the conversation. A small tip is to make sure your customers aren’t faced with a blank screen when they open up Facebook Messenger for example – this will help to increase engagement. We also suggest you make the language flow like a normal conversation. It is likely that customers will lose interest if they think they aren’t getting anywhere.
- Give your chatbot a unique name…We like really strong English names such as Frank or Bob as we know our customers will be able to relate to these names. ‘Ask Bob’ also has a great ring to it and we all know the famous ‘Talk to Frank’ campaign that was on TV a number of years ago. It follows a similar concept.
- Make sure you use the information provided to your bot by your customers to build profiles. The tools you will use have the facility to build information about your customers through this function. This is probably one of the most valuable functions so make sure you use it to help market yourself efficiently to your customers.
Now you have your Facebook chatbot installed, find out how to use your chatbot to generate leads in our latest blog. Alternatively, you can contact our social media management team by clicking the link, and filling in the form.
Author: Dave Williams
Dave Williams is the founder and director of onefoursix; a digital marketing agency based in Northampton. After setting up onefoursix in 2011, Dave has gone on to grow it to one of Northampton’s finest agencies. His expertise include social media, user experience and SEO.
Share this Post