Leaflet dropping is becoming an increasingly popular way of getting across your message in the estate agent industry. Although estate agent leaflets are not always welcome, it is a very effective way of getting in front of potential homeowners who are seriously considering selling their property. We have seen a dramatic increase in the number of leaflets being printed in bulk by estate agents, having worked with some of the largest estate agents in Northamptonshire. With it becoming increasingly more difficult to get properties on board, leaflet distribution is becoming a key contributor in most estate agents’ marketing strategy.
But with most having only a few seconds to gain a homeowners attention, here are our top tips for getting across your message on estate agent leaflets:
- Less is more – Do not clutter your leaflet with words of content. How do you expect to capture someones attention with an essay? Use as little text as possible to get your message across, and instead use bold titles, brand specific imagery, and short and punchy calls to action.
- Calls to action – You need to encourage people to take that next step of using you with short and punchy calls to action. Simple one-liners such as – “To find out more, call 01604-xxxxxx or visit www.estateagent.co.uk”, or “For our complete home-sellers guide, visit www.estateagent.co.uk/home-sellers-guide”.
- Be obvious – It may sound cliche, however being obvious with your imagery will impact more of those people who quickly throw your leaflet away. A carefully branded image of a house is a good example. From the moment the leaflet is picked up, the homeowner will know exactly what you are selling.
- Give something back – Sales is less about selling and more about engaging. Give something back to the homeowner by reeling off targeted statistics about house sales in their area, or the housing market in general. This is more likely to interest the reader than the usual sales message.
- Double up – Print your leaflets double sided as opposed to single sided. The cost implication is usually minimal, and if your leaflet were to drop through a door the wrong way up, it is hardly going to showcase your estate agency.
- Thicker is better – When printing and distributing your leaflets in bulk, we would always recommend a leaflet of 300gsm and upwards. These hold up far better when going through letterboxes, as opposed to creasing up and ripping.
- It is getting costly – Not every estate agency has a huge marketing budget. To get good value for money, work with a print broker like onefoursix, or go A6 rather than A5. I would also recommend steering clear of a matt laminated or any other special finish when buying in bulk for leaflet drops. You will not see the return on investment.
I hope these top tips help you get a better return on investment when you design, print and distribute your next set of estate agent leaflets.
Do you require a quote on printing your leaflets? To speak to a real person and receive great customer service, Click here for more information.
Author: Dave Williams
Dave Williams is the founder and director of onefoursix; a digital marketing agency based in Northampton. After setting up onefoursix in 2011, Dave has gone on to grow it to one of Northampton’s finest agencies. His expertise include social media, user experience and SEO.
Share this Post