Have you seen the recently launched Facebook 360 photos? Facebook announced not too long ago that they were rolling out the ability to post 360 images on their social network. But how I hear you ask?
Below is our easy guide of how you can generate and upload a 360 photo to Facebook:
Posting a 360 image
- There are a number of 360-degree photo apps about which will allow you to take 360 photos. The best one we came across was Google Street View.
- Once downloaded, open up and click the ‘Orange Plus Button’ in the bottom right hand corner, selecting the ‘Camera’ option.
- This will generate camera screen with an orange circle in the middle. You will need to point the camera at the dot until it disappears.
- To continue to generate your 360 photo, move the camera to the right, left, up or down and repeat by pointing the camera at the orange dot.
- Once you have completed this process at all angles your image should automatically save to your camera roll.
- To upload your 360 image to Facebook, simply click to upload a photo. It should have the 360 icon in the bottom right hand corner of the image when choosing the image from your image library.
- Facebook will automatically generate your 360 photo.
Posting a panoramic image
- If you do not want a full 360-degree image, you can also post panoramic images. Simply take a panoramic photo on your phone as you would normally do so.
- Upload to Facebook as a normal image and Facebook should automatically generate your image.
Uploading a 360 image for Facebook business pages
Although Facebook state that you should be able to upload 360 photos to your Facebook company page, we have so far not been able too. We will keep trying though just in case they are taking their time rolling out this function.
Author: Dave Williams
Dave Williams is the founder and director of onefoursix; a digital marketing agency based in Northampton. After setting up onefoursix in 2011, Dave has gone on to grow it to one of Northampton’s finest agencies. His expertise include social media, user experience and SEO.
Share this Post