While there are many reasons to integrate Social Media into your marketing plan, do you actually know the key benefits of tweeting?
- Break down barriers – Although there is naturally a place for many sales and marketing techniques within a marketing plan, Telesales (as an example) is one that is widely regarded as invasive. Despite this, it gets sales people talking to decision makers in a variety of businesses, and can be extremely successful! What Social Media has over the likes of Telesales is that it gets you talking to those business owners, marketing teams, and more importantly decision makers (more so in small businesses), without having to call them. It breaks down those barriers without being invasive.
- Connect anytime – Social Media has no constraints. It does not start work at 9am, and finish at 5pm. Social Media allows you to connect with, and more importantly interact with your target market regardless of the time of day!
- Increased Brand Recognition – This is a massive one for us! Our Social Media Management campaigns are built around ‘increasing your online brand presence’. Social Media is simply another channel in which to share your brand’s voice or content. Similar to magazine advertising or leafleting. The more you do it, the more your brand will be out their in the public domain. Simple!
- Better Search Engine Rankings – Gone are the days where Google look purely at optimised title tags and back links to rank your website. Now they consider everything from up-to-date content, to your Social Media presence to ensure that people are getting relevant content when they search! Google want to make sure what people are searching on is credible, trustworthy and legitimate. So, if you want to rank for a given set of words, having a strong Social Media presence will do more than help!
- Richer Customer Experience – Social Media is another communication tool, much like emails or the telephone. And just like emails and the telephone, it allows you to build better relationships with your customers, with every single bit of interaction. For example – If someone asks about your opening hours on your Facebook page, a swift response will hopefully ensure that they pop in to your shop rather than your competitor round the corner.
Sold yet?! There are many more benefits to using Social Media for business, and it is here to stay. So if you are not yet tweeting, then start now! If you are, then don’t stop! Given the proper approach, those followers you have now will only have grown by this time next year!
Over and out!
Author: Tom Jullings
I work with clients to improve the digital marketing experience they present to their customers – from web design and SEO to outreach marketing and social media.
Share this Post