If you have ever used Instagram you will know it isn’t possible to share posts between users or other applications unless you take a screen grab and then repost. That was true however, times are changing, and Instagram is moving on too.
Instagram announce new ways to connect…
On May 1, 2018, we saw Instagram announce new ways to connect with other users over video and discover new interests on Explore. They also announced ways to share content from others on your own Instagram story. A revelation we are so excited about we just had to share it.
This is really important because for the first time users can share their thoughts and feelings about other applications and from functions within other applications such as a song on Spotify with other users.
So, tell us how to use this function we hear you cry…just read our five steps to Instagram sharing success and all will be revealed:
- Click the paper airplane icon below the post, as if you were about to send a direct message to someone
- Once you have clicked on this, you will then see an option on the following menu to ‘Create a story with this post’ – click on this option
- After you have tapped on this option, click so that you can see the feed as a sticker with a customised background ready to share on your story
- Next will have the ability to move, rotate, resize or filter the photo or video that you have selected
- As an advanced option you are also able to use the drawing tools, add text and stickers to make your content even more exciting
This is a revelation to Instagram users because for the first-time users can share a sticker from their favourite songs on Spotify or even action shots from a GoPro. It now means it’s even easier to share how you feel by posting directly to Instagram and integrate your engagement with other applications.
Instagram plans to announce new applications that can be used across its platform in due course but in the meantime, we have to sit tightly and wait to hear what they will be…that’s if the excitement doesn’t get too much.
Need more help with your social media? Contact our social media management team today!
Author: Dave Williams
Dave Williams is the founder and director of onefoursix; a digital marketing agency based in Northampton. After setting up onefoursix in 2011, Dave has gone on to grow it to one of Northampton’s finest agencies. His expertise include social media, user experience and SEO.
Share this Post