The average number of groups and events an individual is linked to on Facebook is 80. With a total number of 2.072 billion active users per month on Facebook that is a lot of engagement that you could potentially miss out on if your group isn’t linked to your Facebook page.
Facebook groups are a good source of engagement because they target specific topics, hobbies or subjects that are directly linked to you and your audiences.
Being able to answer questions and deliver a high level of customer service is also an important part being engaged with groups. This can now all be done through Facebook and luckily Facebook has allowed us to link our pages with our groups to increase the engagement that surrounds our businesses.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to link your group to your Facebook page:
- Go to your page and click on the settings tab in the top right hand corner.
- Click ‘edit page’ and you should be able to scroll down to look at all the tabs.
- At the bottom you will see the ‘add tab’ option – click this.
- Once the options appear select ‘Groups’
- You will now need to drag the ‘Groups’ tab up the list
- Return to the settings tab – this will show you all of the connected group URLs.
- Navigate your way back to your Facebook page and you will see the groups tab which shows up on your navigation pane on the left hand side.
- Now you need to tell Facebook which groups you want to link to your page. Click ‘Link your group’ and Facebook will give you some options to complete or select.
- Once this has been completed your group will be successfully be linked to your page.
- As you have linked your page to your Facebook group, you will now be able to post as an individual or as the page you have set up which is great for giving advice as an independent or showing good customer service and a company.
If your business moves in a different direction and you no longer want to be associated with a group you have previously linked to then you can easily unlink them by going to your page and selecting the groups tab on your left navigation pane. This will guide you through a one-click-step to unlink any unnecessary pages.
If you need any further social media advice, you can contact our social media management team by clicking the link.
Author: Dave Williams
Dave Williams is the founder and director of onefoursix; a digital marketing agency based in Northampton. After setting up onefoursix in 2011, Dave has gone on to grow it to one of Northampton’s finest agencies. His expertise include social media, user experience and SEO.
Share this Post