Ever wondered how to download a Facebook Live video?
SocialMediaToday.com states that ‘online videos will account for more than 80 per cent of all consumer internet traffic by 2020.’ – With this rather important statistic looming over our heads and a range of social media channels to post content to, it is important that you can have instant access to anything you post.
In recent years the new Facebook Live has been creeping up on us all and is now used more frequently than updating a status (except to post pictures). But how do we download a Facebook live video once it has been posted I hear you cry?
Well…It’s actually not that hard at all. Follow these five simple steps:
- Login to your Facebook and visit the page you are managing – if you are using Facebook Business Manager to manage your Facebook pages, then you will need to go to the business manager for this to work.
- Locate your Facebook Live video – you should see the ‘video’ tab down the left hand side of your Facebook page. All your Facebook Live videos will be located here after you finish your live session.
- Open your Facebook Live video.
- Navigate to the right hand side of the video and find the 3 dots. Hover over these dots and click ‘Download Video’.
- The video will now download automatically to your Mac (if you are Mac users like us) or ask you to choose a location for your download if you are a Windows user. The download might take a while to save dependant on how long the recording was – once downloaded upload the video to YouTube and you will be able to share it to your hearts content.
Pretty easy aye?! If you have another question about Facebook, you can get in touch with our social media management team by clicking the link and filling in the form.
Author: Dave Williams
Dave Williams is the founder and director of onefoursix; a digital marketing agency based in Northampton. After setting up onefoursix in 2011, Dave has gone on to grow it to one of Northampton’s finest agencies. His expertise include social media, user experience and SEO.
Share this Post