Advising on Social Media is our business, and we often get people or businesses approach us about the value of LinkedIn. It is often the forgotten tool, with Facebook and Twitter being the first two businesses jump on. However, discount it at your peril! We for one just completed a logo design for a client off of the back of a LinkedIn lead!
Here are out top 7 tips for marketing your business on LinkedIn. Agree or disagree? Comment below and let us know your thoughts! Notice the ones we think are the most important…
- Complete your Profile – An absolute MUST for anyone using LinkedIn. How do you expect people to find your profile if it is not complete? Make sure you have a professional looking photo (and not your logo). Make sure you have completed your summary, including some effective keywords. And finally, make sure you have all of your experience noted down. You never know which blast from the past might search you out and start doing business with you!
- Publish Posts – Blogging is an essential SEO tool for your website. Share your blogs on LinkedIn, but do it by copying the content, and pasting it into the ‘Publish Post’ option. This automatically pings your connections a notification about your new post, and in our experience gets a far higher engagement rate.
- Set up a Company Page – Give your customers something to follow on LinkedIn by setting up a company page. Share your blog posts from your website, and generate discussion by sharing topical posts. It keeps your current customer base informed, much like an email marketing campaign.
- Join Targeted Groups – LinkedIn Groups, LinkedIn Groups, LinkedIn GROUPS! Join them! It really doesn’t matter who you are or what you do, you should be using LinkedIn Groups! And the beauty of these LinkedIn Groups, there really is one for everyone! Joining a group gives you the opportunity to find out more about your industry and market, what your customers want, and it gives you the opportunity to enter discussions with other industry experts.
- Recommend Others – Recommend other connections that you have done work with. It helps develop relationships. In turn, it will also encourage others to recommend you! And that is never a bad thing!
- Use It! – As with anything Social Media related, the worst thing that you can do is set it up and leave it. It is called “Social” Media for a reason. Start conversation, generate engagement, and get involved! Social Media should be regarded as a long term investment.
- Brand your Company Page – Visualise your brand with a fully branded profile picture and cover image on your LinkedIn company page. This makes your page instantly recognisable to your customer base.
We manage effective Social Media campaigns for businesses because they either do not wish to learn how to use Social Media, or they do not have the time. If you fit into one of these categories, or wish to find out more about our Training courses, click here to work with us! If you are based in Northampton, feel free to register your interest for our Social Media Seminar (date to be confirmed) coming up at the end of this year. Click here for more details and to register your interest.
Author: Dave Williams
Dave Williams is the founder and director of onefoursix; a digital marketing agency based in Northampton. After setting up onefoursix in 2011, Dave has gone on to grow it to one of Northampton’s finest agencies. His expertise include social media, user experience and SEO.
Share this Post